Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Shell's Life

I apologize, I'm running on very little sleep again, so if this post sounds as if it has been written by a three yr old that's why, or at least that's the excuse I'm using!


My daughter has asthma, seasonal allergies and eczema.  Apparently they generally come in threes and she was blessed with them all.  Hopefully she'll out grow them and the eczema isn't too bad, although that may be because I lather her up with loads of cream as soon as she gets out of the bath everyday.  At least she's good about it, she now just grabs her towel, throws it on the bed and lays on top of it as if to say, "I know we're doing the whole grease monkey thing, so let's just get on with it."  Her allergies this week have been atrocious though and neither of us got much sleep at all last night.  She gets drainage (yeah, gross) when she lays down at night, which causes her to cough, which last night caused her to vomit.  Ah, the joys.  I ended up sleeping in her bed with her, which let me tell you, sharing the bed with a 5 yr old is like wrestling a live octopus.  Lord.


So, moving along with the rest of the life of Shell.  I know, you're all anxiously waiting on the edges of your seats to know what I've been up to for the last week.  Well, Nora began kindergarten in August.  I am now the "Room Mom" for her class.  Yeah, I don't know exactly what that means either, but her teacher sent me a note saying she put me down for it and if I could please go to the meeting, which I did and then ended up as the Volunteer Coordinator for the PTO, as well.  *shakes head*  Today at some point, I'm going in to the Associate Health Clinic of the hospital here and getting my TB skin test done, which I'm guessing takes an entire minute to do, turning in my immunization records and then I'll have a short orientation and should be good to go to begin volunteering there on Mondays and Wednesdays. 

10 comments:

  1. That all gives me the heebies, lol. Especially the school part.
    Iv

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO. Aw, Iv, you know you want to come play with a bunch of 5 and 6 yr olds! I bet they would love you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, they usually like Milo better than me. And that's perfectly fine with me, lol. Iv

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is true. Kids like me better. Cats and dogs like Ivan, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! I think you both luck out a little! I get all three! Dogs, cats and kids all tend to like me more than Chris for some reason. I must not look very threatening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like kids I can play with, so I'd be OK with 5 year olds maybe. Jazz is like the baby-whisperer because they stop crying when he holds them in this weird football grip like he's going in for a home run. Then between the two of us, I think we're allergic to everything furry except each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Touchdown. Totally meant touchdown. Yeah. {sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Iv I think you got the better end of the deal with the cats and dogs!!(and you know how I feel about cats!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, T. You are so cute with the touchdown (home run thing).

    LOL@ everything furry except the two of you!

    iv

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL @ T & Perp! It's ok, T, baseball, football - it's all the same. :D One of those ball sports! lol.

    Oh my, you have a baby whisperer for a husband! I needed him 5 yrs ago! I'm no good with babies. If they can't talk and tell me what they want I just panic and run around like a crazy woman going "OMG, what do you want!" The first year of Nora's life was like baby boot camp for me. I'm still trying to recover. Shhhh! No one ever tell her I said that!

    ReplyDelete