Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day!

Originally this weekend I was to go camping with my daughter, husband, his sister and brother-in-law.  However, due to Tropical Storm Lee and the fact that we live on the Florida Panhandle our camping plans were cancelled.  Can't say I was all that broken up about that.  Instead we hung out, went hiking at a wilderness trail nearby,(We were all sufficiently soaked by the end, but it was good fun, even the dog seemed to enjoy himself.) ordered pizza, visited the Aviation Museum, and made smores using the fireplace.  No use letting perfectly good marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate go to waste!  It was rather enjoyable, I must admit, even if I did have to have guests staying at my house for a few days.  It's a shame you can't tell family to get a hotel.  Lmao.  Sorry, I'm not much for guests!  Although, my husband did make fun of me when I pulled the vacuum out as they were leaving this morning.  In my defense though, I couldn't help it.  I hate chaos and my house was chaos by the end of the weekend.  I needed to re-establish a bit of order to things.  A friend of mine told me today that I have a "touch of OCD."  I informed him that I have a touch of I don't like a messy house!  There's a difference, thank you.


I hope you all had an enjoyable, relaxing long weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Ah, the social thing. It's so annoying to anti-social me. sigh. But alas, once in a while, I allow Milo to talk me into it. double sigh.

    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you glad mother nature stepped in! Otherwise you'd have to go...**shudder** camping! Ekkk I'm all itchy now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFLMAO @ P!

    Iv - Yes, it is! There's no need for all that! lol

    P - Heck yeah! Bless Mother Nature!

    ReplyDelete