Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Need Help

So, being the mother I am, after my daughter came home Halloween night with her massive bounty of candy and fell asleep, I went out, took half of it and put it into her pinata for her birthday (in 2 wks).  No, I wasn't being mean, but she had loads and she didn't need to be eating it all.  I'd never sleep!  I then took the remainder of the candy and placed it in a bag on top of the refrigerator where I have to stand on tiptoes to retrieve it, thus making it inaccessible to her.  It works out grand, because she can have two pieces a day and I don't have to worry about a sugared up wee one bouncing off my walls wreaking havoc.  There is, however, a fundamental flaw in my plan.  I can still reach the candy.  *sigh*

6 comments:

  1. Hehehe, oups, perhaps you should have hubby give you both the agreed rations of sweetness, thus you don't have to worry about possible sugar induced craziness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, Iz! It's sad when when the candy hider becomes the candy stealer, isn't it? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, yep, shame on you woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, they're taking away my "Mommy of the Year" award. *sigh*

    On the upside, or downside as it were, Nora decided it would be lovely to write her name on a table I sanded and refinished 6-8 mos ago. She lost all her candy, toys as well. The candy is all in the pinata now. *huffs* I'll have to bust the dang thing open if I need a chocolate fix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I think that's rather a cunning plan :)

    And I just read your most recent post and... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! I thought so, didn't work though! I'm still eating candy! :D

    Thanks for the hugs, sweetie. *hugs you back*

    ReplyDelete