Tuesday, June 19, 2012

How Unfortunate

Well, I thought I was doing well.  I've had some bad dreams the last few nights and haven't been getting a whole lot of sleep, but nothing too awful.  So, this morning when I was making my daughter breakfast and she began talking about her water that I took from her last night I thought perhaps she had me confused with her dad or that she had lost her mind, or perhaps that she was talking about something that happened a long time ago.  The conversation went something like this:
"Mama, can I have the water you took from me last night now?"
"What water?"
"The water you took."
"I didn't take water from you last night, I didn't even go into your room."
"Yes, you did and you took the water."

"Nora, no I did not and why would I take your water anyway?"
"So I wouldn't pee the bed."
"Oh, ok, yes good reason, but I didn't take any water because you didn't have any water."
"YES YOU DID."

"NO I DIDN'T.  I'll get you new water."  *walks a glass of water over to her*
"Mama!  It's in the fridge in the Spongebob cup."
"No, it's....*opens fridge* ...in the fridge. Oh.  Here you go, sweetie.  Sorry." *Nora huffs at me*

Well damn! I wonder what other fun things I do while I'm in la la land.

4 comments:

  1. Are you walking around again in your sleep/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who the heck knows, but if I am, it would be nice if asleep me could you know, do some laundry or something while she's stealing water!

      Delete
  2. O.O well, as long as it's just water...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That silence really is never ending

    ReplyDelete