Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

It's Father's Day.  We're suppose to be honoring our fathers today, thanking them.  I won't be doing that, but my daughter and I did do some fun projects for my husband.  We called my brother too, whose a father of three, to remind him that he rocks out loud.  I don't mind it so much now.  I don't really know that it's because I'm older or because I'm rarely there.  I think perhaps it's because life has changed.  I don't need to obsess about what I lost or don't have, when I have something here and now that I can embrace and be thankful for.  Yesterday my husband spent the day getting ice cream with our daughter, napping on the hammock with her, playing outside and swimming.  They put the dog in the pool and they made a mess all over the house, but they enjoyed each other. I think he was celebrating being a father this weekend as much as we were thanking him for being one.  My husband isn't always around, he's not always nice (neither am I) and things aren't perfect, but this weekend was pretty damn close.


It's funny what 6 year olds will say.

6 comments:

  1. Glad it was a special weekend for the three of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother sounds really cool.
    And I want to adopt that Nora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike is awesome! :) And um, on her bad days I'd let you have her for a bit!

      Delete
  3. I'm very happy you had such a wonderful weekend!
    Oh my, how cute is that? I want to just cuddle little Nora, she's so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. She may cuddle back, or tell you to go away - it's a toss up! Thanks, sweetie.

      Delete