Saturday, January 14, 2012

Here

Made it safely to Jax Beach yesterday after a forever drive in the car with my six year old.  I've come to realize that drives seem to get infinitely longer when you have a child in the car.  Has anyone else noticed this phenomena? 

At any rate, yesterday I wasn't in the best of places mentally anyway, so it may have been beneficial to be in the car the majority of the day where I couldn't really bring others down with my less than stellar attitude.  I'm feeling a bit better this morning, but to be honest, last week was a long one and I'm feeling rather mentally and emotionally fragile and insecure.  Iv helped a lot last night to set my head back on straight, or as straight as it will go, but I always feel guilty later whenever a mental slap is needed.  I'm blessed to have friends that will put up with me whenever I'm a bit off though.

I have a baby shower to attend today and there are family and friends here and it is Jax Beach after all, so really what do I have to complain about?

Here's a video my brother-in-law and I have gotten great enjoyment out of, those of you that are runners may like it as well.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safely to Jax Beach! And sorry to hear things are hard ATM. *hugs* Friends love us when we're happy and when we're not. They're amazing that way :)

    I've come to realize that drives seem to get infinitely longer when you have a child in the car.

    Weirdly I was thinking about this the other day, but from a child's perspective. (I was thinking how driving to a particular place always took less time when I was driving versus when I was younger and someone else was.) I think changes in cars (and speed limits) has made a difference and...you have no concept of distance as a child. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, O, good friends are pretty amazing. :)

    True, my daughter probably thinks it's forever long as well! lol.

    *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh. I love me some hugs :) And I just saw Iv's post. Happy Birthday sweetheart! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete